Sunday, September 7, 2008

I'm 'Back in Black'

Well, maybe not quite 'black' but I definitely got a tan at Lake Powell! But since it is now September, my tan is not what it used to be :/ I'm sorry for not posting this a month and a half ago, but it was a crazy summer and I had to prioritize, with blogging falling down a couple of spots- despite Heather's threats. So- Im currently up at school in Provo and loving it, with a little free time so I'm FINALLY posting this. Here ya go:

So I'll just jump right in- Powell was AWESOME! We left around noon on July 11 [Derek's Birthday] and arrived in Page, AZ around 9 pm. The drive wasn't too bad, I enjoyed driving from Mesquite to Page in my Aunt Jeanine's very nice car. We met up with the Murdocks next to the Sonic restaurant in Page, ate, and then went to the boat launch to transfer all our goods from the cars to the houseboat. Thankfully Al, a friend of Mike and Amy and fellow time-share owner of the FunTime, docked the houseboat for us so that we could unload everything on shore instead of ferrying people and bags with the ski boat to the buoy where its normally tied down.
The night was spent organizing and packing up the houseboat and then we just slept there with the houseboat tied to the dock. Very early the next morning I awoke as the FunTime was making its way to our favorite Cove by Cookie Jar. It was very cold so i moved to a bunk inside and slept some more.
After getting a spot and anchoring in- the fun began! We all had fun reading, wakeboarding, skiing, tubing, banana boating, sleeping, eating, playing Wizard and Hearts, wake surfing, and just about anything else we wanted to do. There wasn't as many people this year because of work, illness, and pregnancy but those of us who did come had a great time! The weather wasn't too hot this year, surprisingly, so that was nice. We had a fair amount of rain that brought us all to cozily sleep inside together- very cozily! and of course some fun storms, my favorite :)
We ended up staying a total of 13 days on the FunTime, with a handful of people leaving after about a week. I had a great time and ended up taking SO many pictures, so to make it easier I made a slideshow to show some highlights from the trip. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Wade said...

We hope you have not been posting only because you are studying so hard and not partying every night.
We miss you,

Wade, Mindy, and Gracie