Friday, December 5, 2008

Halloween


Better late than never, right? :)

Halloween this year was a lot of fun! My roommates and I collectively were the Rainbow. I was yellow :) And no we were not gay pride, we were the rainbow- thats it. This could only be pulled off in the bubble of BYU in Utah...

We went to Deseret Industries and Walmart together where we all searched for anything we could find for our respective colors and so all of our outfits were unique and fun. Halloween night we made little pizzas for dinner and then went to my RHA sponsored Heritage Halls Haunted Hollywood Halloween Party [talk about alliteration!] I had to help decorate, take a shift at the refreshment table, and clean up because I'm in RHA, so whenever I was alone and people asked what I was I told them that with my roommates I was the rainbow, but alone I was the sun. Some people loved that because I always talk about being optimistic, so they said that my costume fit me perfectly :)

A couple days before Halloween my roommate Karina and I ran a few errands and decided to pick up some pumpkins. So the pictures of us taking them home [safely in seat belts :) ] and of our apartment carving pumpkins are in the collage above. Mine was named Pumpernickel and Karina's was named Olive. So much fun... I hadn't carved a pumpkin in YEARS, and I don't recall ever having before carved one all on my own before, so this was great! Karina carved Mike Wazowski from Monster's Inc, Madeline carved a ghost, and mine is a smiling sun setting behind some waves [sorry- its kind of hard to see]

Since Halloween was on a Friday and I have no Friday classes I was just hanging out at home when my friend Matt called me up and asked to help him with his costume. He came over and I helped him twist his hair all crazily, purchase eye-liner, and then put make-up all over his face. That was a first for me too and it was quite an adventure... but he did very well with the eye-liner for a first-timer :)

Halloween was awesome, I had a great time with friends and roommates and was able to enjoy the holiday even without trick-or-treating ;)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Hizzeather said...

Yeah! You blogged! And I LOVE the collages!!!!!

Love the pic of the pumpkins in seatbelts! :)

Wade said...

Welcome back to the blogger world. Please blog more, we need our Holly fix.
We love you.
UW, AM, UB, and Gracie