Saturday, December 13, 2008

Turkey Day


The day before I left for Thanksgiving I had a long and fun night :) My roommates and I had tickets to go see the A Capella group Vocal Point sing in the De Jong Concert Hall and they were amazing! They have such amazing talent as they sing some classics and favorites and are able to replicate all the sounds and instruments. We had a great time at that concert, but that was only the beginning. Right after the concert we headed straight to the movie theater to get in line for the midnight showing of Twilight!
We got to the theater and our showing had already been seated even though it was only like 9 o'clock or so, so we sat in the second row. The screen was quite HUGE from that small distance, but it was still so great. We had a couple hours to kill so Dani, Karina, and I had some fun playing with Uno cards and taking funny pictures until it started. We screamed and giggled and oohed and awwed all in unison with the packed theater and thorughly enjoyed the whole thing! I'm so glad I have roommates that love the Twilight series as much as I do :D
After the movie I drove all my roommates back home and had to pack for my flight which was only a few short hours away. I finally got to bed at 4, woke up at like 6:30, drove to Salt Lake with Dani and Karina [making great time because I thought I was going to be late] and my flight left at 8:30. I got to fly to San Francisco and then directly into the Palmdale Regional Airport on a small little propeller plane. That was an adventure! But it was great to land right at home and then stop at In-N-Out with my dad a few minutes later :)

I flew home for Thanksgiving break the Friday before Thanksgiving, so I got to spend about 10 days in California with my family and some friends. It felt really weird at first because it was my first time really leaving home and returning. I felt like a visitor of sorts and just kind of out of place for the first couple days, but once I got to spend a day out in Simi with Aunts and Cousins I felt more at home.
6 of us squeezed in a car and drove out to Simi to spend the day with the Wrights, our visiting Murdock cousins, and even a dose of the Mordues the day before Thanksgiving. We ate yummy In-N-Out [i miss it up in Utah :(], played Guitar Hero, Cranium, Apples to Apples, and just relaxed together. That night we also found out that Stephanie had her baby so we were very excited about that! I love my family and enjoy all the time that groups of us can get together :)

Thanksgiving was great too. Lots of food preparation, delicious devouring, spills, and also The Great Pie Debacle of '08 which Heather Blogged about. I ate so much yummy food that day, it was amazing. The next day I did some shopping with my mom and sister, my very first experience with Black Friday. It wasn't too bad since we didn't leave the house til around 11:30 and only went to a few stores for some select items. I got some great boots and a good winter coat, so I am ready for the snow here in Provo already!!


Saturday my nephews came home from Nevada where Naomi and the boys stayed with her parents while Derek was in Japan. I was SO excited to see them! Oh man I missed those boys! They are talking to much now and are just adorable! They also came to church with us the next day so that I could spend some more time with them before I drove back up to Utah with some friends. The drive was long, but not too bad. I was glad to be back in my dorm with my roommates and freedom. But yes, I did miss my family too :)

2 comments:

Wade said...

A dose of the Mordues sounds like a prescription of real trouble.
We love you Holly.

Hizzeather said...

cute collages! :)