Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hike the Y

Utah weather reminds me a little bit of Palmdale occasionally. The weather can't really seem to make up its mind and likes to alternate between hot and cold for a while. Knowing this, my roommate Karina and I decided to take advantage of a warm saturday [not knowing if it would be out last or not] and to hike up Y Mountain.

We had excellent timing as we got to the Y just a little before sunset and were able to cool down as we watched the shadow cross the valley and the sun disappear. It is such an incredible view from up there! It was my third time hiking up there and I love it every time!

Before this hike, the last time I had gone up there was with Scott in the end of February. We hiked up and had a picnic as we watched the sunset, which was an AMAZING day! So it was fun to be up there again about the same time and to remember those good times :)

Here are some of the pictures we took of our excursion:

The Y viewed from our living room

Heading up the trail

Karina and I before getting red-faced

Huge rock on the side of the trail about halfway up

start of the sunset

We made it!

Our "epic" photo :)

Fun with Wheat Thins!


Look at that sky and that view!

A great way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

No comments: