Monday, November 8, 2010

It must be that time of year

Just about everyone around me is sick, starting to feel sick, or is just getting over being sick. I think its crazy how it happens to nearly everyone at once.

I worked over 20 hours last week and I was absolutely exhausted by the end. Friday was a huge important banquet for the Marriott School of Management with their National Advisory Council Conference so I was working until 10:30 pm and then Saturday was a home football game against UNLV so I started work at 7 am. I got off around 12:45 and I was so ready for the long week to be over! I immediately collapsed on the couch and thats pretty much where I stayed for the rest of the day. I started feeling a cold coming on :(

Karina was hanging out at another apartment and when a friend heard that I wasn't feeling good he came over and made me some Chicken noodle soup. That soup was so good! I can't remember the last time I had eaten that. This was a much more welcome visit than the last time Josh had come over [dressed as a luchador] haha.

And so now I am coughing and fully clogged in the head with a cold. Does that happen to anyone else? Whenever I get a head cold I feel like my brain doesn't know how to properly function, I can't focus, and my head just feels completely solid. I feel so stupid. Example: today in my math class I could not focus and I ended up making little cubes out of different shaped pieces of paper. We were each supposed to make 1 or 2, but I ended up making 8. It took me a long time to do it, but I just couldn't focus on the rest of the lesson. And now as I write this it is taking me forever to get a sentence written [and I hope it is all making sense...]

The weather is definitely turning to winter here in Provo with rain and snow in the forecast so its definitely time to bundle up and buy some hot chocolate! Lets not all get sick and stupid like me [or am I the only one that gets this way?]

My masterpieces - after being a little crushed in my bag on the way home

2 comments:

Kelly Laurette said...

I hope you start feelin better holly!! Being a sick college student is just about the worst. I have a strange collection of vitamins and stuff that my mom made me take when she came to visit if you're interested...haha :)

Wade said...

Feel better soon. We look forward to seeing you Thanksgiving week!