Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 1st :)

A week ago right now I was freaking out. A lot.

I had just found out that Scott's flight was cancelled and he would NOT be landing at 2:55 EST at the airport close to his house, but instead he was placed on a flight landing around 4 in Baltimore instead. In retrospect, this really isn't that big of a change, but at the time it was HUGE!

But then his flight kept getting delayed and we were worried it was also going to be cancelled! Shannon and I were texting and venting to each other for a while. I'm very grateful for that :) So to pass my newfound time I did some laundry... incessantly checked the flight status... and watched Tangled with my good friend/my roommate's fiance Mark. I love that movie and it was just what I needed right then :)

Then Scott finally landed!! I was flustered and anxious and all over the place. And then Shannon sent me a picture message with Scott and "Cardboard Holly" as I like to call her. It was the sweetest thing ever - Shannon blew up a picture of me and brought me to the airport on a stick to welcome home Scott with their family! Isn't that the best idea ever? I loved it! I stared at that picture of "us" for a good five minutes at least :)

But the airport was crazy and Scott's luggage was lost, then I guess they were in traffic on their drive back home so it was a while before I got to talk to Scott on the phone. He called me outside the restaurant they stopped at and it was such an awesome 20 minute phone conversation! It seemed unreal!

Then that night after making it back home and getting released from the Stake President, Scott and I got to Skype! After 2 (very long) years I got to (sort of) talk to him face-to-face! I had the biggest smile on my face! I was so excited and so happy! Before we knew it, it had almost been 3 hours.

And since then we have Skyped every day. I'm still getting used to being able to talk to him whenever I want! :) It is so great to have him back!!

We made it!! :D

2 comments:

Wade said...

Keep smiling!

Andrea said...

I'm SO FREAKING excited for you two to finally see eachother again!! AHHHHHH! So cute, thanks for writing this all out. I am a big fan of you...like really.