Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Work Work Work

Here at school I have the fortune of working for BYU Catering. I started there Fall 2009, so I've spent quite some time there. I really like the job and have made some great friends with some of my coworkers :)

Its a great job that is flexible with the hours and will allow me to take time off for family vacations this summer [like the Beach House at the end of this week!!] But with this flexibility there is a lot of adventures... Some weeks I work 0-2 shifts, sometimes I work every day of the week, and sometimes I have 3 shifts in a day for two days in a row.

Yeah, last Thursday and Friday were insane! I am training right now to be a Captain, the one in charge of a banquet that directs the whole crew of Wait Staff, so I had Captain-Trainee shifts on Thursday and Friday at 6:30 am. And EFY is in full swing here in Provo so We are feeding those hooligans every day, as well as many different Sports Camps that are going on here, so then both Thursday and Friday I worked on a shift for one of those groups of kids, and then each night I served or cleaned up a dinner banquet. Thursday I wasn't supposed to be in charge, but then kind of was anyway, and Friday was a wedding where I was a Captain-Trainee again.

Thursday 6:30 am - 11 pm. Thats when my first shift started and my last shift ended. Then Friday 6:30 am - 9:30 pm. Whew... needless to say on Saturday I did a whole lotta NOTHING! It was amazing :)

This week I just have one shift each day until Friday when I will be leaving with my cousin Katy to meet up with all of our awesome Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, etc at a beach house in Venture, CA. I am super excited to see so much family and enjoy the relaxation, but it does stink that I leave Friday morning and Scott is finally arriving in Provo that night. TERRIBLE timing, right?! But I guess after 2 years an extra week shouldn't be toooooo bad... we'll see though :)

For now though, since all my roommates are gone and my classes are over I am happy to have work to keep me busy and give me something to do until I am done procrastinating my one final ;)

1 comment:

Wade said...

Poor timing indeed, but not for us! Gracie is starting to count the hours til "the beach house" See you there. Please drive careful with Katy. We want to see her also.