Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Life is just awesome - - but busy

I can hardly believe that this summer is over. I looked forward to Summer 2011 for so long that it is strange it is pretty much complete! I had the absolute best summer and I am so extremely happy with life :)

It was a different experience to stay in Utah all summer rather than packing up and going back home like usual. It was nice to spend time with Scott, work, and see another side to Provo than I was used to, but I'm glad that I was able to make trips and attend family vacations though, cause I sure love my family!

Once Summer term ended for Scott we both flew out to Virginia to spend some time with the Whitlocks in Ashburn. That was an awesome trip! I had the best time with the Whitlocks and I am so grateful that they invited me out there :D I stayed for 10 days and then had to come back for work while Scott got to stay a full 2 weeks. We made the most of our time and had a really good balance of fun active adventures as well as relaxing times.

Here's a glimpse of our trip:
-attending Ashley and Mark's wedding reception in New Jersey
-water skiing at Lake Anna
-hiking the Billy Goat Trail along the Potomac river
-picking our own Raspberries
-celebrating Mike and Shannon's 23rd wedding anniversary
-watching the entire 6th season of Lost [thank you Netflix!]
-Kayaking near some memorials in DC on the Potomac
-hearing Scott speak in church


Plus lots of sleeping in, hanging out, great dinners [with cooking lessons for Scott :)], etc. I was so sad to be leaving Virginia- I was very tempted to just stay with the Whitlocks rather than return to work and school... :)

I came back late on the 21st and then had a crazy busy week with my cleaning check to be completed all by myself on the 22nd and then I worked about 34 hours Monday-Friday. I was very tired by the end of the week and REALLY looking forward to picking up Scott at the airport on Friday night :D We had a great weekend together and then on the 29th my last semester of classes on BYU campus started. It was a whirlwind of a couple weeks! Like I said- life is busy, but it is just awesome :)

1 comment:

Wade said...

I saw you had a visit to DC on Facebook. Isn't it a really cool Temple? A favorite of mine anyway. Have a great school year. We miss you.