Wednesday, April 14, 2010

General Conference/Easter

For the weekend of LDS General Conference and Easter my roommate Karina and I drove up to Kaysville and had a great time with her family.

Friday afternoon we drove up and after settling in and eating dinner we had a bonfire and roasted marshmallows in their backyard with a group of friends. Have I ever mentioned before that I LOVE s'mores?! Cause I do! It was tasty, and fun - but it turned a bit more adventurous than we had bargained for as it started snowing. Needless to say, we didn't spend too much time out there... We moved the party indoors and had some fun playing a few games. We decided to wrap up the night by watching a movie, but Karina and I were pretty wiped out from a long week so we fell asleep. In the morning we woke up to find pretty colors drawn on our faces courtesy of Brynn and Jaden. Thankfully they washed off fairly easily :)

The group through the smoke and the snow

Karina and I with our spoils :)

Saturday we enjoyed the morning session of Conference and then quickly got ready to head to Salt Lake and attend the afternoon session. Our friends Tyler and Trent are part of the Orem Institute Choir which sang in the afternoon session and they each gave us a ticket to attend the session. Score! Our seats were on the bottom section and right when we got there the ushers told us that there were 4 seats left in the front, so they led us to the closest possible row. We were directly behind the reserved seating for the General Authorities' families and less than 100 ft from the First Presidency! Double score!

we were SO close!

Karina and I after the session

The session was amazing and we were so grateful to our friends for making that possible for us. We got to see Trent and Tyler for a little bit after the session ended and then we returned to Kaysville for some dinner and some shopping. Later that night we dyed some Easter Eggs and I eventually fell asleep to another movie [thankfully no markers were involved on this night].

Sunday we watched the remaining sessions of General Conference and then enjoyed a delicious Easter dinner. It was so great to be able to spend time with Karina's family! Her family was so nice and welcoming to me, her parents even gave me my own Easter Basket :) It was so great! It was such an awesome weekend and it made me very eager to return to MY home and be with MY family! I'm super excited for that! :D

3 comments:

Wade said...

No Easter egg hunt? Gracie would love you to visit with her and enjoy S'mores together. First you take the graham,...

Naomi and Family said...

Wow! That's so rad! I had tickets to go to a session once with a couple of friends of mine but the two of them slept in. We got there before the session but not early enough so we didn't get to sit in that room but another room on another floor. Bummer, let me tell yah. Anyway, I am so glad you got that experience!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I can't wait to hang out with you guys again! It has been way too long