Thursday, May 6, 2010

No longer a Teen

I turned Twenty years old yesterday. That is still prettty weird for me.

My birthday was great! I had so many texts and calls and well-wishes from family and friends, I felt so loved :) It was nice to be able to sleep in and relax; I am loving this whole catch-up-on-sleep thing now that I am home from school.

I was up pretty late the night before, so I opened my birthday package from Scott just after midnight and inside I found a sombrero and a pinata! He told me to make my birthday a fiesta, which it always is, especially since its Cinco de Mayo :) I wore the sombrero for a good portion of the day, and my niece and nephews even got a few turns.

In the afternoon I called up Heather and asked her to go to the Poppy Reserve with me [she had never been! crazy...] so despite the INSANE wind we had a great time wandering around the trails and taking pictures of the pretty orange flowers. We didn't stay long, but it was long enough to tangle our hair so bad that she cried and I took 15 minutes to brush out all the tangles. Ouch.

These are some of the best pictures that turned out with the wind gusts:






I then enjoyed a delicious dinner at BJ's restaurant with my Dad and Jill before playing with my adorable niece and nephews at my Mom's house. Those kids are so full of adventure and energy, it was fun trying to keep up with them. We enjoyed a water-gun fight in the backyard, watched most of Transformers and part of Lion King [complete with thousands of "Why..." questions courtesy of the 4-year-old], and a very chocolatey cake. My mom took the pictures of us having all that fun at her house, so I'll have to steal those from her camera before I can post the pictures.

My birthday was a super fun day and I am so grateful for all of my family and friends that made it that way :)

2 comments:

Wade said...

Gosh Holly, I could not find where you mentioned your favorite uncle send you an early birthday greeting. Was this just in the footnotes?
We hope to see you Saturday. Maybe we can do lunch to celebrate?

Naomi and Family said...

It was a great party Holly! And yes, you can use me as a human shield anytime! :)