Tuesday, August 2, 2011

July 2011 was my favorite month ever- - so far :)

July was a month full of adventures and fun trips! And I will finally update about them all :)

Fourth of July Weekend Scott and I drove down to visit my family and spend some time in the California sun! We left Friday afternoon and rolled into Palmdale around 9:30. We had fun relaxing and hanging out with my family for the night.
Then on Saturday we met up with some of my extended family at a favorite restaurant of ours - Bear Pit! We then continued on to the beach where the weather was perfect.
Sunday we went to church with my family and then enjoyed dinner, games, and fireworks at my mom's house with my siblings. I love spending time with my nieces and nephews!
Monday we got all our stuff together, enjoyed some time at a BBQ at my dad's house, and then had to drive back to Utah. It was a quick trip, but it felt long as we made the most of all our time and had a blast!


The next weekend was the Harry Potter Marathon at Scott's aunt's house up in Salt Lake. We had a ton of fun there watching all the movies and even did a little Potter Trivia. Scott was not aware just how much I knew about Harry Potter, but now he knows! haha
The marathon had a break so that we could attended the homecoming for Scott's mission president. I loved meeting so many of the missionaries that I had heard stories about for so long! Many came up to us and asked "Is this the famous Holly?!" Apparently writing a letter a week can make a person famous! :) We had a great time there as Scott was able to catch up with old friends and companions and I was able to meet them in person.

The next weekend I drove to Page, AZ where I met up with family from California, Texas, and Idaho for a week on a houseboat at Lake Powell. This is my absolute favorite vacation! We get to wakeboard, wake surf, tube, play cards, eat delicious food, read, hang out with family, and enjoy the beautiful scenery. I was super excited for Powell, but at the same time I was sad to leave Scott behind. I enjoyed my time there, but I was ready to come home at the end of the week!


I drove back from Powell on Saturday July 23rd and that day was so amazing that it is going to deserve its very own post... :D

No comments: