Monday, June 14, 2010

Playing Mommy

The first week in June my brother and his wife left on a trip to Virginia/DC for some business and some pleasure. Along with my brother's sword (its part of the "business" he was going for, he owns a Martial Arts Studio), some books for reading, and cute new clothes, they left behind their 3 children for my sister and I to have fun with :)

Heather was the main substitute mommy for the week and I just did what I could here and there. It was a long week, but it was a super fun week as well. For the majority of the week I stayed with Heather at Derek & Naomi's house with the kids where we had fun playing house. I love my nephews and my niece and it was so great to spend all that time with them! I miss them so much when I am away at school so I was relishing all of our fun and experiences of the week.

There were several moments throughout the week where I truly felt like I was playing mommy and that I was getting a glimpse of motherhood. It was an adventurous week!

-quieting children in Sacrament Meeting with books and cheerios
-holding a sleeping Evey in Sunday School
-vacuuming while holding Evey
-waking up to Evey and/or her brothers tip-toeing around with that just-woke-up-happiness and squinty eyes
-convincing Ethan to eat all of his food at most meals
-feeding Evey her "num-nums"
-buckling car seats
-changing diaper after diaper
-getting pee all over my skirt in Sacrament Meeting when a diaper overflowed

Yes, it was a very adventurous week... and I loved it all! When I happened to go home or go to work during that week I definitely missed the kids. It was a fun experience and I am grateful for the opportunity I had to spend that time with Ethan, Tai, and Evey! It was a fun glimpse into motherhood. And now, believe me, it will be quite some time before I have three of my own! :)

4 comments:

Hizzeather said...

We suck...we didn't take any pictures!

It was hard, but mostly fun! I miss our kids! :)

ps...wait! We do have a picture of you being peed on! :)

Jennifer said...

I think we all need to see said pee photo.

Wade said...

Holly, you must post the pee picture. Children are such a joy. We hope to see you soon.

Naomi and Family said...

At least it wasn't poop! :) Although it would have been funny if you could've made the joke that you were "oficially pooped" from the week! :) Just kidding, thank you both again!! The kids loved it!