Monday, June 7, 2010

Utah portion (Part 3)

Karina and I drove back to Utah the Sunday after the wedding and had a great time talking, laughing, and singing the whole way. Road trips with the right people are amazing! :)

We were surprised to pass through SNOW. In MAY. The END of May. But I digress...

Karina's family is so awesome and we had a great time hanging around with them! I am grateful for their hospitality and generosity during my stay with them :)

One of my favorite pieces of their hospitality was the giant marshmallows that Karina's mom bought. We made the best s'mores ever! I LOVE s'mores and these giant beauties put me in S'more Heaven! See for yourself:

cooking them to perfection, although Karina is much more patient than I am and my marshmallows always caught on fire :)

mine is the one with the burns, haha

yummmmm!

Holly in S'more Heaven

While in Utah we decided to go down to Provo and visit some friends that stayed at BYU for the Spring Term. We had a great time with them and ate a delicious meal at Cafe Rio! Sadly I left my camera in my bag the entire day and have no pictures, but it was super fun to be back and have fun with Weston, Julie, Trent, and James! It felt weird to drive away that night though rather than just back to our apartment.

The next morning Karina surprised me by making an excellent breakfast and even served it to me in bed! Well... she served it on a table that she placed next to the couch I slept on :) It was so sweet!

Karina even used our bridesmaid bouquets as a centerpiece!

We enjoyed our breakfast as we watched the first episode of The Bachelorette. We love that show :) Then we got ready and visited the Bountiful Temple where we did some baptisms and then took so many pictures of the beautiful Temple grounds.

[click to enlarge]

After returning to Karina's house and getting changed, she gave me a tour of Kaysville. We went to her high school and I concluded that Highland is very ghetto... haha. My high school could not even compare to Davis High School! But the rest of Kaysville was pretty small compared to good old Palmdale. It was fun to see her hometown :)

Part of the tour included one of Karina's favorite spots in Kaysville, this cute little park in a neighborhood near her own. We had a blast playing on the swings before I had to get dropped off at the airport and return home to California. Here are some of our fun swinging pictures:

[click to enlarge]

It was a great last day of my trip! I had such an amazing time!! I am looking forward to another road trip sometime and definitely some more trips to see my family in Idaho!

1 comment:

Hizzeather said...

Mmmmm...now I'm going to go make me a s'more! Too bad I only have normal size marshmallows. :(