Saturday, October 9, 2010

It seems to be a well-known fact among my friends and family that I have small hands. And if you didn't know this already, well now you do.

Here's a picture of my hand against a friends during my Freshman year - notice that my hand is the same size as his hand when his fingers are bent.


Here's a picture of my hand all swollen as I hiked Mt. Timpanogos


This is what Karina said to me the day after we hiked and my hands were no longer swollen:
"Your hands are proportionate again... not to the rest of your body, but to your hand." bahaha, thanks Karina! ;)

My hands have been called things such as miniature, baby hands, and most recently- midget mittens. Everyone has their own term for them it seems.

But to all you hand-haters out there, this is what Scott wrote to me in a letter I got today:

"Hey, I think your "midget mittens" are pretty great. In fact, I can think of tons of situations where they come in handy (haha, get it? handy?) For example, swimming. Do dolphins have long fingers? I don't think so, and they're pretty much the best swimmers around. And what about if you have to diffuse a bomb - I'm pretty sure having smaller hands would be a big advantage. And best of all, your hands fit together with mine perfectly, and nobody else's would be right in mine! So I'm pretty sure that I just scientifically proved that you have perfect hands. Yep, uh huh, proven fact."


This had me laughing so hard with a ginormous smile on my face!! :D

So there- it is a scientifically proven fact that my hands are not weird!

4 comments:

Hizzeather said...

I'm still not convinced... freakishly small, chuckie hands!

Wade said...

I thought Scott was on a mission not doing scientific studies on hands. Am I wrong? We love you just the way you are.

Kelly Laurette said...

i love this in every way! :)

Naomi and Family said...

Hahahaha!! That was adorable!! You got a good one there Holly!!