Friday, January 7, 2011

New Semester

It has been so great to be back in my apartment with my roommates and to get back into school. I am so excited for the year 2011!!! I have so many happy exciting thoughts in my mind for this year. :)

I just finished my first week of the semester and I am SO excited for my classes! This is my first cohort and all my classes are with the other girls [and 1 boy! gasp!] who are all going to be working in the Nebo School District for the next 2 semesters with me. I have some great teachers who are very passionate about what they do and are going to be great supporters for us all.

My schedule is a lot different than what I'm used to. I have morning classes and then breaks that range from 3-5 hours before my afternoon classes start. Its strange to have such a huge gap in the middle of the day, but I'm sure it will come in handy when I have more assignments and work to keep up on. But Fridays I only have a morning class from 8-11 so I'll be done by noon every Friday- yay! :D

I am still pretty nervous for my practicum where I will be working in a school with a mentor teacher for all of March, but we talked a lot about that in my Planning and Management class today and I feel a lot better about it already. This is going to be a busy semester and I am going to learn a lot.

Bring it 2011- I am SO ready for you!

2 comments:

Wade said...

Have fun and don't fall behind in your studies!

Amy said...

Have a great semester....and hopefully we'll see you this summer! We got several pairs of gloves so maybe you won't ripe up your hands this July.