Monday, December 27, 2010

Its a Christmas Miracle!

Because finals week was kind of a joke for me and I had so much free time, I decided that I would use that time to bake. I love baking. I'm not super good and I can't do anything fancy, but I get some GREAT recipes from Kim's Blog and I like to try them here and there when I have time.

I ended up getting ingredients to make 4 different cookies to bake. A little ambitious, I know. But one of them was a cake-mix cookie, so thats easy. Karina and I combined all the ingredients and got the doughs ready Monday night while watching A Muppet Christmas Carol with some friends and I let the dough refrigerate overnight. The next day I baked 3 of the cookies. Well, I tried to bake all 3 of the doughs. Sadly the S'more Cookie dough would NOT turn out fluffy cookies. Against all my efforts, all I got were thin pancake looking things that I had to scrape off. So in the end I only had 3 cookies:

1. Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies
2. Trifecta Cookies
3. Snickers Cake Mix Cookies

My plan was to bake a ton so that I could send off a package to Scott with lots of goodies and then also have some leftover for my friends, roommates, and I to enjoy. So by Wednesday all the cookies were baked and I wrote a letter to stick in the box. Then I had to make a mad dash to the post office to get it out on time to reach Scott on his P-day. I got to the post office at 5:31. One minute too late. Rushing, I ended up putting it in a drop box, even though the last pick-up time had passed. And then as I walked to the car I realized I didn't pay any postage for the box. Epic fail. It was a flat-rate box that I was re-using and I didn't think. :(

So I had 1.5 days left in Provo and I was just hoping it would work out. The package never showed up at my apartment, but when I told my mom the story I had lost all hope he would get it. I could picture the box sitting on my cold doorstep waiting for me to return to Provo.

But today I got a letter from Scott and he told me how grateful he was for the package of goodies and how he has been enjoying the cookies and Wheat Thins! [He is addicted to Wheat Thins and I pretty much always include a box in any package I send him :) ] I was so happy! I didn't fail epicly! The good ol' USPS came through for me and it was a Christmas Miracle! :D

1 comment:

Wade said...

Great story. I bet helped that it was addressed to an Elder. Strange things happen in Utah.
We are so sorry we will again miss seeing you before you return to Provo.