Monday, May 30, 2011

Best Distraction Ever

So this past week I had TONS of assignments and projects (with a few more this week too...) which kept me pretty busy and helped to keep me on my toes. It was much better to be on my toes than jumping up and down staring at the countdown until Scott comes home.

Then Friday night came and I was left with little to do (aka no more motivation). The down time got me pretty down. My roommate Ashley got engaged that night [Hooray!!] but I was a Debby Downer for sure. And I hate being a Debby Downer. As I was sitting in my room I heard someone knock on the front door. Intrigued, I turned down my music, but didn't hear anyone. Then they knocked on my bedroom door and I was super confused as to who would be coming to talk to me at 10:30. Then in walked my mom! I guess I screamed pretty loud and I was in shock- my mama drove to Utah to surprise me for a weekend trip!!

It was the perfect timing! I loved having her here in Utah with me! I was able to show her around Provo, laugh, visit Temple Square and take fun pictures, spend time with family, enjoy the rain, and it was the best weekend. It was just what I needed right when I needed it most!

She stayed until this afternoon when she drove back to California (and she's nearing the end of her drive as I type this!) I was so happy to have my mom here for the weekend! It was the best distraction I could have asked for :)


Now I have lots to do tomorrow - my last full day before Scott comes home!!! 37 hours to go! :D

3 comments:

Wade said...

Holly, I hope you are keeping a close watch on the clock! We love you!

Hizzeather said...

Congrats on receiving the Priesthood from that statue! ;)

Anonymous said...

I had SO much fun with you Hollygirl!
As I type this...Scott's plane will be landing in 10 minutes.
The next chapter in your life will begin! Love you!