Friday, May 6, 2011

21 years old

Yesterday I turned 21 years old. Wow. I was talking to my brother and I told him that it doesn't seem right that I, the baby, am now 21. Babies are not 21 years old. Its just weird. But very exciting at the same time. I predict that this will be the most exciting and adventurous year of my life :)

So this morning I woke up and I was a teeny bit miserable. I ended up sitting on the bathroom floor. I was very tired and my body hurt. Does this sound like a typical experience the morning after a person turns 21? Well let me tell you how it came to be:

I woke up around 6 am on my birthday (Cinco de Mayo) and I hiked up to the Y here in Provo with my best friend Karina. We wore sombreros for the occasion and got many stares and laughs, we loved it! We got to the top a little before 7:30 and we were able to see the sun spread across Utah Valley; it was gorgeous. For both of us, this was our 5th time hiking the Y, appropriate for 5.5.2011 no? :)

We took many pictures and laughed and loved it all! We got a few songs stuck in our heads along the way, so at the top we listened to them on my new iPhone. One of those songs was the little music video after the game Plants vs. Zombies that my sister showed me, so we looked it up and watched it. At the end of the video it said that the game was created on 5.5.2009 - so we celebrated the birthday of PvZ too! haha


Then we went home, got ready for the day and had a fun picnic at the park! HACKM [Holly, Ashley, Clarissa, Karina, Mark] enjoyed the sun and the glorious weather and took lots of super fun pictures. Then I had work, then class, an hour break, and another class til 9:30 pm. But my roommates informed me that they were going to pick me up during my break, so at home I was greeted by the delicious smell of burritos. And a gorgeous bouquet of daisies from Scott!! And I got a letter with the memory card in it too! I screamed and jumped and smiled so big. It was PERFECT.




We enjoyed our food and my roommates gave me my presents, including a package from my my mama! I then had a slice of cake and had to rush off for my next class. But it was a birthday miracle because we got out at 8:45! :D That NEVER happens! I got to talk to my brother on the phone as I walked home and then relaxed with my roommates and a few friends that happened to be over. Mark then gave me his present - Tangled on DVD! That is my favorite movie! But the friends had to go and Karina and I played some card games as Ashley and Clarissa did laundry and whatnot. But then out of nowhere I had a blindfold on and I was being directed out to the car! My roommates played really loud music and spun me around and wouldn't tell me where we were going.

I was blind, but singing and laughing and then I was guided through a strange area outside before my blindfold was removed and there was a small group of friends around a fire pit with the fixings for s'mores! It was the best! We laughed and danced and ate delicious roasted marshmallows, I loved it! Then we even got to watch Tangled, a perfect ending to the perfect day. :)


So waking up with a stuffed, and then bloody, nose isn't the worst thing to happen. And being tired and sore from so many adventures and clean fun times is NOT the worst way to spend the day after my 21st birthday. :) I definitely started off this year of my life with a bang and I am so ready for everything else that is coming! :D

3 comments:

Wade said...

Sounds like life in Provo is a little tougher than we thought. Happy Birthday again, Sounds like you had way too much fun.

Hizzeather said...

Hapy Berfday!!!!!

Kelly Laurette said...

i'm obsessed with tangled!! :)