Sunday, March 18, 2012

Wintery Weekend

Here in Provo we enjoyed a rather warm week where people busted out their flip flops and short sleeve shirts to enjoy the sun. But this weekend Winter shook her fist at us and said that she wasn't finished with us yet. It has been snowing most of the day up here on the mountain in our cozy little home.

Thankfully the snow didn't come yesterday, so our 5k was in relatively nice weather. It was cloudy and a bit windy, but nothing was falling from the sky to trip me up like I worried about.

Scott and I ran the Rex Lee Run yesterday. There was a 5k and a 10k and there were SO MANY people there! It was a really cool experience to be surrounded by so many other people running. We had our own lane [or two!] of the road for the whole race around BYU campus and it was great. [sorry, no pictures because I was not about to focus on anything other than running and I didn't want to carry a camera the whole 3.1 miles either]

I didn't stop to walk at any part during the race... although I wanted to real bad near the end... and I was very happy with my performance. Scott and I have been running together for months now, but we had never even gone a full 3 miles - only a little over 2 a couple times, so this was a whole new distance and a whole new experience for me. I was super tired for the last leg, but I had some great support from Scott and a friend we spotted during the final part of the race, so they helped me finish strong. I am already looking forward to our next opportunity to do a 5k so that I can beat my time :)


ALSO- tomorrow I start my 2 weeks of solo teaching in the first grade class I am working with! I will be teaching EVERYTHING for the next 2 weeks, and then I will just have 3 more days in the class before I am completely done with student teaching! CRAZY! I am going to be very busy and very tired... but I am excited. Wish me luck!


AAAAND! My husband started a blog too! Check it out here: Greater Provo

No comments: