Friday, August 21, 2009

Dodgers and Treasure

On Monday my family went to a dodger game for Family Home Evening. My Dad and Jill are HUGE sports fans and have instilled some of that in us kids. It was very fun to spend the time with my family and enjoy a good ol' baseball game. I had not been to a Dodger game in quite some time, and this time we sat in the All-You-Can-Eat Pavilion out in right field, so that made it especially fun :)

Sadly the Dodgers lost, but it was great being there nonetheless. I would post some pictures, but my brother is still borrowing my camera. Heather and Nathan took some pictures, so I'll see if I can steal some from them soon - or else I'm sure that Heather will blog about it and I can post a link.

The game was over at about 9:30 and it took us a while to finally get home because of traffic. When I did finally get home I had a surprise waiting for me. My mom checked the mail and I had a letter from Scott! She thought she would be tricksy and make me hunt for the letter. She had done this before, but this time she put a LOT more effort into it! The scavenger hunt she made before had only 4 simple clues spread through the house and I got the letter quickly... but this time was much different. It was late, I was anxious, and she had placed 18 clues and hints around. EIGHTEEN!! I got a bit flustered and they were laughing at me as I hunted and scoured the house.

My mom had placed little hints in a bunch of movies located on our large dvd racks, which are no longer in alphabetical order thanks to my nephews and tumbling racks - so I had to search through all the dvds to find the ones my mom hinted about. I was ripping open dvd cases and scouring the racks to find them all. Then there were a few vague hints that took me a while to figure out. It was pretty difficult when I was so anxious to get the letter and when my family was watching me and laughing at me. It was also really fun though - I love scavenger hunts and treasure hunts like this, and it had the BEST prize ever of a letter from Scott! Good times indeed! :D Thanks mama for giving me fun memorable adventures!

Here are a few pictures that I got with Nathan's camera - - he e-mailed them to me a yesterday with a message that said "Here's your photos, cause i know you're dying to blog about it!" Haha :)

The stack of dvds and clues that I ripped open and scattered in my rush

The best prize ever! :D

1 comment:

Hizzeather said...

Jill posted the pix - http://davidandjillmorris.blogspot.com/2009/08/fhe-and-dodgers.html