Monday, August 17, 2009

YSA Conference

Last weekend I attended the California Young Single Adult Conference and had a great time! I attended the session in Torrance, CA for YSA between the ages of 18 and 23 in the Los Angeles Temple District. I got to hang out with my good friend Samantha and had the opportunity to meet lots of new people and enjoy wonderful talks and fun activities. I actually had to give a talk today in church sharing my experience - so I thought it might be good to share some of my favorite quotes that I took note of from the conference on here too.

- "Avoid and resist mediocrity, which is a habit of our fallen nature. You don't have to be the best, just be your best." -Elder Clayton

- "You can't perfect yourself, but you can try your hardest and then Christ will add His hand and help you." - President Martz

- "Our blessings cannot be taken away by anyone, they can only be given away by us." -President Martz

- "Like a GPS system, God will never stop giving us corrections" -President Facer

- "Distraction from what is important can be destroying" -Brother Pond

- "Make good choices and submit your will to the Father, because our will is the only unique and personal thing we have to offer Him" -Brother Davis

- "Reverence begets Revelation" -President Bird

Besides many spiritual experiences, the conference was filled with fun including a dance, many sports and activities, lots of food, and a Humanitarian Aid project where we tied over 70 quilts. It was a great experience and I am so glad that I was able to attend :)

Sam, Trey, and I enjoying lunch on Sunday

YSA as far as the eye can see

The crowded Cultural Hall for the Humanitarian Aid project

1 comment:

Wade said...

Great quotes, Glad you had fun at the conference. Cool new blog lay out also. Keep on bloggin'