Tuesday, February 9, 2010

PB&?

When we had a three-day weekend because of MLK Day, Karina and I decided to have a waffle breakfast and invite a group of friends over. We provided the waffles and assigned other parts to our friends like fruit, syrup, whipped cream, and juice. It turned out great and we had a ton of fun eating and chatting. My new personal favorite way to eat a waffle is to spread peanut butter over it and then drizzle on the syrup - Ah-mazing! :D

I am a huge peanut butter fan. Huge. I buy what I call the "industrial size" peanut butter jar at Walmart because I know that I will use it all. Here are some of my favorite peanut-butter-included snacks:

-toasted PB&J sandwiches [or not toasted if I am lazy]
-peanut butter and shredded wheat. I thought this sounded crazy at first when Karina tried it, but it is SO GOOD. You take a mini shredded wheat (the cereal) and spread a little dollop of peanut butter, then make it a mini sandwich by adding another shredded wheat piece. yum.
-Muddy-Buddies [aka Puppy Chow]. You just can't go wrong with peanut butter AND chocolate
-"Stroke of Genius" a yummy snack I came up with about a month ago. You toast some bread, spread some peanut butter all over it, and then sprinkle chocolate chips across it. [mini marshmallows also work well when you run out of chocolate chips]
-apple and peanut butter, simple and semi-healthy :)

Do you have any yummy peanut butter snacks? Or other yummy snacks you'd like to share?

3 comments:

Wade said...

I like peanut butter on celery and on a spoon right out of the jar. Tip of the day, have your own jar of peanut butter on many clean spoons. We miss you, hope you had fun on cousins weekend.

Karina said...

oh holly i'm craving peanut butter so bad right now!!! your blog looks adorable and i miss you!!

Naomi and Family said...

I love love love (i really do) love peanut butter on graham crackers. My own personal little "candy bar" It's fun to put dried cranberries on it too if your into that sort of thing, but pb & graham crackers is my favorite nowadays! Let me know if you try it! What do you think?