Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Story of My Life

For my Elementary Art class we had to create a Native American Medicine Wheel on an opened brown paper bag. The circle had to be filled with symbols representing us and telling the story of our lives, past and future, in deep rich colored pencil. This project was assigned on the FIRST day of class to be turned in on the LAST day of class. I hate projects like that.

At first you feel like you have all the time in the world to do it. And then you forget about it. And then you remember it, but you are too busy with the things due very soon so it just nags at the back of your mind. And then you have one week left to do it so you spend every.spare.minute. working on the thing. Or at least thats how they go for me...

I started this project over Thanksgiving Break and then worked on it every day whenever I could the following week so that I could turn it in Friday at noon when my art class would meet for the last time. I literally carried my brown paper bag with me to every class and even over to friends' apartments so that I could color it while hanging out. I had to sharpen my colored pencils so many times that I actually broke my sorry excuse for a pencil sharpener that I had. BUT- I DID IT. I finished my project Thursday night and I am very pleased with it.

A friend asked if i had to draw it as if I were a first grader. No I did not. Please don't hurt my feelings and ask me questions like that, ok? Here is the finished product:


Infancy
Youth
Adult
Old Age

5 comments:

Wade said...

I see no reference to a favorite uncle on the wheel. That be because you felt rushed to finish it.
Don't worry Holly. You know I will always love you! Have fun in school. See you in a few weeks.

Hizzeather said...

What the heck is that thing in the water on old age? :)

Holly Mo said...

its a giant cruise ship! :)

Hizzeather said...

You are a pretty good artist! Except you can't draw "cruise ships" :)

Jennifer said...

That's a whole lot of stick figure children in your old age section miss morris. Are you planning on adopting all of my future offspring? ;)