Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving Break

I am so grateful that I found a ride home to Palmdale for Thanksgiving! There was a lot of concern about the "blizzard" coming through Utah on Tuesday evening/night, but that ended up being a big joke and the drive home Wednesday morning went really well.

I LOVED being with my family and having some time to relax as well as enjoy delicious food :)

Things I did:
-watched Ponyo [super cute!]
-beat the dumb game Plants vs. Zombies [thanks Heather... haha]
-played with my niece and nephews
-saw Harry Potter 7 again with some family members
-watched Surrogates
-played Rock Band
-SLEPT :)

And I was even a little bit productive on a few projects, so that was great!

The plan was to drive back to Provo Sunday morning, but my ride decided to wait until Monday because it was supposed to snow a lot all throughout Sunday. This was a bit of a problem for me because I would miss my math class and work in the afternoon. Not good. I was pretty frustrated, but what could I do?

This is when my super social superstar sister comes into play. 10:20 am CA time Heather called the house saying she found me a ride, but I needed to pack light and HURRY. I threw a few more things into my bag and threw on a sweatshirt before driving quickly over to a friend's house where I got a ride with her cousins who I had never met before. 10:30 am I was squeezed in the backseat but I was happy because I was headed back to Provo.

I had a little trouble on the way and ended up puking at a rest stop in Halloran Springs, but after a little rest and some very kind fellow passengers I was able to make the rest of the trip just fine! It was quite an adventure though, let me tell you. The adventure then continued as we got caught in slow icy roads around Cedar City so overall the trip took us 13 hours and we got home about midnight UT time. I made some good friends in that car with all our conversations to pass the time, it was really fun :)

It was a crazy day, but I made it back and was able to spend time with my roommates and make it to class and work. It was a Thanksgiving Miracle ;)

Now the hard part about Thanksgiving Break is the 3 weeks left until Christmas Break. Thanksgiving is just a little tease which makes focusing a bit harder for the final stretch of classes. But its ok. I can do this! Here we go...

No comments: