Monday, February 21, 2011

3-Day-Weekend!

This is the last holiday until the end of the semester. Kind of sad that it only happens halfway through the entire semester, but hey- I'm grateful for it!

Friday I ended up working a double shift and covering for a sick friend, so when I got home I rested my legs and enjoyed an episode of Chuck. Such a great show! :D

Saturday I felt sick when I woke up and I was pretty much a bum for a long time, but I started feeling better and was able to drive up to Salt Lake with Karina to hang out with our friend Trent! We hadn't seen him in such a long time, but his birthday was recent so we went up to have a late celebration. We laughed and caught up and enjoyed some goood food at The Pie in SLC. The food was greasy and delicious. The atmosphere was fun and relaxed. The company was hilarious. A great combination!


Then we got some super delicious cheese cake from the Cheesecake Factory and shared those before watching a few episodes of Chuck. Karina doesn't watch the show, unlike Trent and I who are HUGE fans, so we caught her up on the first 2 episodes of the series. True friends share what they love, right? :)

It ended up snowing for about a little bit while we were there and I was able to enjoy the huge flakes in my new coat for the first time! So much fun.


Seriously, the whole night was amazing!

Sunday was great with church and some friends over for dinner. Karina made delicious Best-Friend-Burritos and Ashley made home-made brownies. YUMM

Now its Monday and I finished my homework, did my laundry, and practiced curling my hair. For one of my classes I have to spend 10 hours learning something new, and I have never learned how to curl my hair, so that is what I chose. I have felt unlike a true girl for not having this skill, so my roommates are helping me :) It was a pretty frustrating process, but here is my first attempt. FYI- Karina helped me with a few critical pieces, but here is the finished product:


Now I'm going to enjoy the rest of this holiday with reading and then watching the Bachelor with my roommates [my guilty pleasure]. Have a great President's Day Everybody!

3 comments:

Wade said...

Best Friend Burritos? Do you each eat half or something like that?
Keep studying and having fun!

-Kate- said...

I LOVE your hair!! I can't believe that was your first time!! I wish I could get my hair to do that!!!

Unknown said...

your hair is beautiful like that!!! Congrats on learning. Then once you get really good you can learn how to do it when all you have is a straightener ;)