Monday, February 28, 2011

Tomorrow is March

Currently, I am terrified of March. March is the month I will be working in an elementary school with a mentor teacher.

I will meet my mentor teacher on Thursday. Then in the afternoon I will substitute a first, second, or third grade class all by myself. ALL. BY. MYSELF.

Then Friday will be my first day in the 2nd grade classroom where I will eventually work up to teaching a lesson a day. I will have certain observations I need to make, assessments I need to administer, types of lessons I need to give, be observed and even recorded.

I have been so excited for this for so long. But right now all I feel is terror.

what if...
what if...
but...
what if...
what do i do...
but...
how...
what if...

This is going to be a bigger adventure than I bargained for.

6 comments:

-Kate- said...

I feel the same way!! I have a lot longer to wait for it, but I'm still SUPER nervous!! Good luck!!!

Jeri Pettingill said...

You can do it Holly! It is natural to feel nervous but you can do it and do it well. Best wishes.

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one! I'm with kate and i've got a little while longer but i'm terrified!!!

Wade said...

The kids will love you and that will make it seem a little easier than you anticipate. Have fun!

Jeanine said...

Good luck Holly! I know you'll do a great job!

Molly said...

Hey, what's your email? I'll definitely add you to the list!:) I'm glad you like my blog and photos.